NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Resized pajama pants

So, I have been out of the loop for a little bit here, drowning in work. But my friendly email reminder to post has prompted me to get my act together. Granted, this is not a very clever refashion, but it was fun to problem-solve this one. I started with these pajama pants, too small for me and too big for my daughter.


I laid out a pair of her pants on top of the pajama pants and realized I could probably keep the waistband intact and just take them in along the inseam.


So that's what I did. When she tried them on, they were still very baggy in the hips, so I had to take in the crotch seam from front to back. I lost the front tie in the process, so I made sure the elastic waist fit just right. I don't even understand why these pants had both elastic and a ribbon tie - weird. Then I hemmed them to the right length, and I was done.


They were a much better fit for my girl. I think she likes them!


Thanks for reading!  -Amy



1 comment:

Refashion said...

What an improvement! They look comfy on your daughter.
Debbie EOD