Monday, March 16, 2015

Sateen dress to kimono top

I brought this second hand dress with me home, because I liked the fabric and the pattern of the fabric. But the dress didn't work for me. And all my attempts to refashion didn't work either. The bias cut of the fabric didn't make things easier.


But eventually I got the idea to remake it into a kimono shirt.
I removed the bodice. I then had a skirt shape.

Then I went on to transform that into a top.
Picture Tutorial on my blog HERE.
(English translation at the bottom).

The finished kinomo top.

Finally I can wear that beautiful patterned fabric.

And Yay! Refashioning a bias cut fabric didn't kill me.

3 comments:

Refashion said...

I like this jacket, so simple but still stylish.

Debbie EOD

eimear said...

very effective. and great job not easy upcycling on the bias!

Cucicucicoo: Eco Crafting & Sewing said...

Wow! Love that jacket! It's just gorgeous! Off to check out the full post! :) Lisa