Thursday, March 05, 2015

Wannabe Chambray Shirt

Hello lovely people!  I'm on day 6 of a week long refashion challenge and decided it was time to work on a project that wasn't a dress.  I found this button up on clearance of $1 at a local consignment store.  

First, I removed the breast pocket with a seam ripper.  I used a combination of navy and evening blue RIT dye to subdue the contrast between the flowers and the background.  I brought the sides in an inch on each side and ended up with what I'm calling a "wannabe chambray" shirt.  

If you want to check out my original post or the rest of my refashions from this week  you can go here to my initial challenge post. 

Shawn Elizabeth


jennifer elliott said...

You're amazing! Love it.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

jennifer elliott said...

P.S. One more day with your challenge! Good luck!