Friday, May 22, 2015

Too Small Crop Top to Bolero Jacket

I thrifted this beaded crop top from Goodwill last week for only $8. It was too tight for anyone bigger than an A cup and too short for me (lower boobage was showing! LOL!). The back had a centre back zipper which I couldn't zip up (actually down for this top). But the garment was in excellent condition and I was really drawn in by the excellent workmanship so I bought it for refashioning.
Garment before front

Garment before back
Using my trusty seam ripper, I carefully ripped out the centre back seam and the centre back zipper, hand sewn the lining back to the beaded fabric and voila! A beaded bolero jacket! It took me less than an hour to do and I'm quite pleased with the result:


You can see more Refashioning projects on My Blog.

2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

I love it! It's gorgeous! I love the sparkles and the pattern of the bolo. Great refashion.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Saga said...

Beautiful. Great that you could save it.