NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Monday, July 13, 2015

Orange You Glad

This orange and pink dress was so bright and cheerful, I just couldn't pass it up at a recent clothes swap. The down side? It was a wee bit frumpy, and there was a grease stain right between the boobs.

Orange You Glad Dress - Before

I cut off some length, just above the be-dazzled ribbon, and re-hemmed the bottom. I cut a larger neck line and used the scraps to cover the stain with a bib-like panel. I made matching bias tape from the remnants to finish the neck edge. And I used the original hem to stabilize the back in a decorative way, as well as make a couple belt loops on the sides.

Orange You Glad Dress - After

Orange You Glad Dress - After

More details and photos can be found at CarissaKnits!

Orange You Glad Dress - Before & After

4 comments:

Gema Ensenat said...

That's just gorgeous! I love the criss-cross spaghetti strap back detail! Lovely job :)

Emily Nail said...

This is so awesome! I love the straps and the bib panel! Awesome job!

Refashion said...

So pretty, I like the back detail

Debbie EOD

Samwise J. said...

Love it; and live how the hinges on the gate in your last photo look like Saturn at first glance. I thought you had been quirky and painted planets on your fence lol