Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Party dress to Gypsy Skirt

I bought this dress in my favourite charity shop of the moment for £1
I nearly missed it because another shopper picked it up first, but put it back because it was too small - I grabbed my second chance, their loss, my gain.

I deconstructed the dress

Added a denim frill and finished the frill with a strip of red lining

I made a waistband, and wore the skirt around while out and about

More details available and photos here


jennifer elliott said...

I. LOVE. IT! I love the color, pattern, and flare of the skirt. Great job.

RanchHouse said...

Thanks for sharing this fun make-over. I love the gypsy / boho look.
Mary @ RanchHouse Wednesday EOD