- Mend, alter, refashion 10 Going to Town Dresses. This is #5.
- Made from Pre-retirement garments that do not fit Retirement lifestyle.
- Good for lunch with friends, errands, shopping, part-time contract work.
- Unfitted, Cool, Comfortable. Texas August is 100+.
|After: Going to Town Dress|
*Dress: Denim dress. Thrifted for the denim.
*Blue Linen Shell: Favorite due to floral stitching. Sleeveless. Worn to teach in under jacket.
After: Going to Town Dress.
* Skirt: Remove and serge top edge for for new skirt. Keep original hem. Cut sleeves from denim top.
*Top: Remove existing darts. Cut new top and lining/facing from linen shell. Save the floral border at waistline.
There was barely fabric enough to cut the top from the shell and lining. This does not have elastic in the waist.
Linen Shell / Denim Dress
What I Learned:
Favorite due to floral stitching.
Linen in the top is my go-to for cool summer fabrics. But, this dress will wait till September after 100+ days.
1) Lined linen top does not breath.
2) Heavy denim is also hot.
|On My Mind: Yes, please!!!!!|
Levi's® Vintage Clothing 1955 Sawtooth Denim Shirt