Monday, December 07, 2015

Horse Dress Refash

I picked this dress up for it's awesome hot pink horse pattern, and it being part of my 5 for $5 wasn't bad either! Only 1 problem...

It had no buttons to button up the front. Yikes!

I removed the scratchy tag and the 4 buttons that were on the sleeves.

I used a ruler to make straight lines to form a square.


I cut out the square.

Then I cut a square of hot pink lace.

I pinned the lace in the hole I cut.

Oh! Did you notice my new pin cushion!? Part of my black friday score from JoAnns!

I sewed the lace.

I cut 8 inches off the sleeves.

Rolled the sleeves up 1/2 inch and sewed it.

Then folded again, 1 inch and sewed that in place.

I cut a small piece of the lace.


Pinned and sewed it into the dress where the buttons were being sewed on.

Sewed on the bottons I saved from the sleeves. I was 1 short so I found this square button that was a close match.

The lace and the buttons!

This is our pretty little tree in our family room :) We were getting ready for a night of Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo!
 

It was a cold 34 degrees for our night out. So I wore my new dress with a scarf, leggins and my new thrifted cowgirl boots!

The back!
Me and the hubby!

 












We had such a fun time looking at these awesome christmas light desplays but it was nice to get back inside where it was warm!



Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

No comments: