Tuesday, January 19, 2016

The Striped Potato Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. It is so frigid and cold today, I just want to hide under the covers and drink hot tea. First, I will share this sweater dress with you.


I don't know what the designer was thinking when they made this striped sweater. None of the stripes lined up anywhere. But that's not the worst part. It was big and round through the body and the bottom was tight and it made anyone who wore it look like a potato. Well, it made me look like a potato.


I decided to cut it in the middle and use the bottom band as the waist. I measured so it would be even, the stripes couldn't be trusted as a guide.


It has a better shape now and it is still comfortable. Thanks for reading, now go make something fabulous for yourself.

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

I have a hard time getting out of bed on cold mornings! Ugh. It's weird the lines on the sweater dress didn't line up. Nice fix.

Jennifer, EOD