Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Red, White and Blue; Altering a Shirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. It is a great day to do a little sewing. My project today is this patriotic plaid top. My mom handed it down to me. I like the denim trim at the collar and the front pocket. It really helps break up all the plaid. It was cute and in great shape but a bit shapeless and long.


I am quite short, only 5 feet, so when tops hang down like this my little legs seem to disappear. I wind up looking even shorter. 


Here we are. I make a straight even hem across the bottom of the shirt. It is now hip length instead of thigh length. I also took some bulk out of the body of the shirt.  Simple fixes really, but it fits now. It is too cold and snowy to wear this by itself. There is more coming tomorrow to go with it.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

3 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

;-) Yeppppp - happen to know 'The Problem'!
Yet: with quite some 'veeery longlegged friends' I've learnt the wayyy worse problem which is: not fair enough material to even think about a decent extension = for male even more worse and to top it: something business-style ^^!
THIS was teaching me a HUGE lesson of being very very happy with my own '5 feet and a whisker' !!!

LG, Gerlinde

cfort82 said...

Looks Great!

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

I Can Work With That said...

g. satansbraten
'5 feet and a whisker! That made me laugh.
Chickie