Thursday, February 11, 2016

Refashioning a refashion - Kaftan to Sundress - Upcycling T-shirts



Hi All,

Don't know if you remember but about a year ago I made this kaften dress from some old T-shirts.  I always liked the way the color blocking went together but it turns out I am not really a kaftan person so I never wore it.  I had the black top from a different refashion.  So with a little cutting and sewing I made myself this sundress.  I think I will get more use out of it now, but I have to wait for the snow to melt here to find out.  :-)

You can see more of the process here.

Happy Refashioning,
Cindy - Upcycled Design Lab

3 comments:

TheRefashStash said...

Cute!

-TheRefashStash

jennifer elliott said...

The dress reminds me of some really cute dresses also made from old tees on Pinterest. Great job.

Andrea said...

I would find little use for a kaftan as well. Good job making it work for you the second time around :)

Andrea EOD