Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

"Shabby Chic Ruffles" Graphic Tee Refashion

I had this graphic tee that was a little worn out, but I liked the front design. I decided to make use of some sweater lace pieces I had. I always strive to use up most of my fabric in order to reduce waste. I have two sets of drawers filled with odds and ends of fabric. :)

First I sewed on all the sweater lace pieces I had. (Well, most of them. I have some left waiting to be made into something new :)). 

Then, I sewed on a chiffon ruffle layer.

Chopped off those sleeves!

I added new lace sleeves from another shirt, plus added a piece of sweater lace to make the sleeves a little longer. :)

For the full tutorial visit my blog here :)

With Sew Much Love, Mary :)


RePurposeFul said...

LOVE! Wonderful use of "scraps", or leftovers, or whatever. It looks fantastic. I also have tons of pieces of fabric from other projects that I just can't throw away - I know there will be a use for them some day! :)

jennifer elliott said...

Oh my goodness! I absolutely love it! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

jenny_o said...

So cute - I love it too.

Marisa Glied said...

SUPER cute! Love the use of the scraps!


Carissa said...

Great idea! I always save my scraps too!