NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Friday, May 27, 2016

Boob job #1 - Refashion FBA - Back gusset and open front

I have put on a little weight, and most of it has placed itself in my bust, which has almost doubled in size (No, I haven't had plastic surgery). Very odd weight gain (probably hormonal), but who am I to complain about that.
Except that I do: I have been the same size there forever. Therefore every single item of non-stretchy upper body clothing, that I own, has become too small.

I wasn't willing to part with this dress. I sewed it myself, I love the fabric, and it has pockets!

I cut the bodice open down to the (place where you have sewn bodice and skirt together. Name of that?) both at the front and the back. I was inspired by Schoolhouse Tunic.

I put a piece of elastic lace in the slit the back.
I just hemmed the edges of the slit in the front. The dress now requires a camisole underneath, but I can use the dress.

Pockets! Don't want to part with those.



Blogpost: http://saga-i-farver.blogspot.dk/2016/05/omsyning-til-strre-overvidde-1-slidser.html

3 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Yep, happen to know about hormonal breast upsizing ( sigh ): barely there for my entire life and considering a bra as 'The Deco-One only since jobless otherwise' in the house. Now: I'm 'suddenly wealthy' - have got boobs as well ;-) + ^^!

With quite a lot of my tops I'm facing similar problems like you, yet with my usual fav. 'tent-style' I could nearly everything wear back to front to my liking, which no longer works as well, since suddenly I learn about the need and sense of 'DARTS'.

Btw.: if pregnancy isn't the reason for YOUR 'sudden wealth' please have yourself checked for earlier onset of menopause (= quite common nowadays - some even with 25 !!!).
This mentioned here for other woman as well to stay alert - despite in general NOT fitting for the blog-theme here. Thanks to the editors for tolerance and understanding!

Otherwise: nice to see you again and thanks for your refash-idea which might help me a bit as well.

LG, Gerlinde

Rhonda Buss said...

Nice save!

Andrea said...

Good save on the dress! It looks cute over a camisole and should give you breathing room ;) The point where the two parts meet? Waistline? Even if it doesn't set at your natural waistline (for example: a drop waist which sits much lower, would still be called the waistline of a dress or garment). Not sure if there is a more technical name ;).

Andrea EOD