Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Me-Made-May Maxi Dress

All month I've been posting refashions from yesteryear. Today, I actually have a Me-Made-May refashion from this year :)

This beauty was .99 cents and I wanted to turn it into a dress. I began by cutting the coral lining from the skirt and reshaping it into a bodice.

After resizing it, I reattached it to the chevron skirt
The Chevron material is super see-through so I added a knee-length lining from scrap material leftover from another refashion (Save your scraps!) :)

And I had (what I think) is a super pretty maxi dress that I wore to my step-grandson's mother's wedding :-D

In-depth detail of my Maxi Skirt to Dress steps on my blog if you want to see them.

Happy Refashioning in MMM16!



Marisa Glied said...

LOVE! Great print!


jennifer elliott said...

Very pretty! Perfect for a wedding!

Give the Cat a Name said...

That was clever to use the lining in that way. I'm going to have to save that one for later:)

Kathy W. said...

So pretty! I love it!

cfortin said...

Really lovely transformation.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab