Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

REFASHION: tie it all together

I apologize for posting so many refashions during the past few days, but the month of May is ending way too quickly for me. And I am determined to complete my Me-May-Made 2016 goal -- finish five refashions. Unfortunately, procrastination and my upcoming schedule has forced me to work on the refashions as quickly as possible before June rolls around.

A failed refashion with a casual shirt and complementing paisley tie led to a simple and wonderful refashion. Previous refashions had me using bias tape, lace or the original neckline to create a v-neck. Why couldn't I use a men's tie?

For more pictures and details, click here.

Until next time ... Jennifer Elliott

P.S. To avoid a ton of swear words and not test my patience, I took the black bias tape route to finish my kimono! I love the final look. So pretty.


g.satansbraten said...

Worth indeed for a min. of 2 reasons:
- speed
- rescue the family/surrounding from hearing swear words

Enjoy; currently working myself on a few 'neck-tie-refashes' as well = not always easy with those 'slippery little suckers' (= o.tone Julia Roberts in 'Pretty Woman' - despite talking about different things, the behaviour appears very similar to me ^^ + ;-) !!!)

LG, Gerlinde

RanchHouse said...

The trim on the kimono is perfect. Good choice.

cfortin said...

Both shirts look great! Good luck with your May refashions.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Nina said...

cool idea!