NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Sunday, June 05, 2016

A much happier summer dress

My local charity shop had 25% off, so I allowed myself a few purchaces. We have unseasonal hot and sunny weather in Scandinavia and I needed summer clothes, especially work appropriate ones.
This dress was made of a nice quality jersey with a beautiful drape. It looked very sad, but I knew it would only take a few quick modifications to liven it up.

- I unpicked where the mock wrap was sewn together in the front. It had made my bust look really odd. Now the wrap drapes much better. I need to wear a camisole underneath the dress, but it is fine with me.
- I have a short torso. I shortened the bodice at the shoulders to make its proportions better on me.
- The arm holes were still too big. I made two bust darts so the bodice would fit the bust better and to make the arm holes the right size.
- Lastly I cut the ties off. Ties are so...cheap looking, in my opinion. With the ties gone, I can use belts with the dress, which I think looks much better.

Ready for work.
Without camisole, leggins and belt it will be a great beach coverup..


Blog post: http://saga-i-farver.blogspot.dk/2016/06/en-meget-gladere-sommerkjole.html

3 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

Very nice! Looks so good on you now!

Carissa said...

Nice alterations for a much more flattering fit. And I agree about the belt versus ties - way better!

-Carissa
EOD

g.satansbraten said...

The amendments and additions (= stylists own props ;-) !) are doing miracles to the dress and make it look wayyy more fashionable; thumbs up = 'owls to Athens' in your case; yet one can never have 'fair enough owls' - mho ;-) !

Loving greetings,
Gerlinde