Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Add texture to the red shirt



I love texture, texture will add a 3 dimensional look to the most plain fabrics and can turn a boring shirt into a piece art! I found a plain red linen shirt which is perfect for continual practice for the drawn thread work as I tried on my last white shirt.
IMG_4478
But this shirt' size 3x, the chest enclose was 58"! It was too big, I had to reduce the size first.
IMG_4472IMG_4568
I had to cut the extra parts on the siand change the bust points from the lower part to upper part for better fit.
IMG_4495IMG_4496
These sleeves needed to be resized as well.
IMG_4499
Have to tear the thread up one at a time,
IMG_4501IMG_4502
Start the drawn work with need+thread.
IMG_4526How about adding some little dots around the drawn thread to give it even more dimension? Lets do it!
FullSizeRender_1
I like it, those dots are really cute! They compliment the drawnwork wonderfully.
IMG_4576IMG_4573
Want to see more details? Sorry for the the color change due to different lighting throughout the day.
FullSizeRender_1
IMG_4578
Thanks for reading! For more re-fashion ideas, Please click here to subscribe to my newsletter, you will be pleasantly surprised every week!
FullSizeRender_6

6 comments:

cfort82 said...

I am so impressed! Really lovely refashion. Thanks for sharing your technique.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

whatthesew said...

That is a really effective technique, looks like it require a lot of patience.

Unknown said...

WOW! I envy seamstresses who are great at hand sewing. It's an impressive skill!

I Can Work With That said...

Amazing. I love it.

TheRefashStash said...

Whoa! That is so impressive! Great work!

-TheRefashStash

leaf said...

Thanks to all of you!