Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Sew Along - Refashion Runway - Metallic

Edit: Added photos of a better quality.

I don't care about runway fashion (unless it is Refashion Runway :-) ). And I especially couldn't care less about Gucci.
Except.....their new style is absolutely awesome and inspiring. Granny Chic, the style is called, and I love it. I noticed the patches, iron-on pathces, jewellery with buttons and pieces of embroidery. Tattoo-like almost.
I decided to let that be my inspiration for this piece.

The original blouse is the one in the back. I removed the turtleneck some time ago.

The blouse was just what I needed for this project.

I also needed a handful of patches. The A and the tiger was salvaged from an old sweatshirt.

A sequin patch from a children's sweatshirt.

And assorted metallic glitter and bling from my craft stash.

I sewed white sequin ribbon on the tiger patch.

Sea theme with buttons and fish beads.

And some ball ribbon onto the A.

I then stitched them all onto the blouse. A cardboard poster tube proved a perfect embroidery "hoop".
The finished blouse.

This "tatto" blouse reminds me of old sailors. Ahoi!


RePurposeFul said...

I seriously love this look! Great job, sorry the computer ate your pictures!

Chickie Walsh said...

Very cute. And unique.

cfortin said...

What a fun refashion. :-)

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab