NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

From 6 tiers to 5

My name really is: Cari Frock
and I love to sew.

This is the 100% cotton 6-tiered dress.

I cut off the bottom tier leaving a 1/2" to turn and hem.

That is the length of the 6th tier that was removed

Because of a back zipper, the tiers were back seamed. So I opened all the seamed, hemmed and restitched it all.

A little trim was added to the last sheer tier.

The dress came with an added extra, a threaded snap for the bra strap. Nice!

A close up on the sheer layer that is now without a liner (cuz I hemmed it short)

And the final 5-tiered dress ready to be worn with leggings.

Til next time...happy stitching!!

1 comment:

jennifer elliott said...

I love anything with ruffles and tiers! So pretty. Love the final result!

Jennifer, EOD

P.S. I created this as a new post -- simply copying and pasting because the original looked a little weird. No big deal.