NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Thursday, September 22, 2016

#10 August Back to School: Pink Shirt Updated AGAIN!!!

GOAL: Refashion 10 Items for August Back to School. This is #10 of 10 for August. 


*I pledge not to buy any new RTW or thrifted for my new "Back to School" wardrobe.  
*I pledge to shop from my closet.

BEFORE: This is a 2nd Refashion of an older 1st Refashion.
Cannot find any before pictures.

STEPS: 1st Refashion: 

  • Started as a long sleeve, button up shirt. 
  • Changed from small white to large pink.
  • Removed sleeve cuffs and sleeves rolled.
  • Worn open over a pink t-shirt
STEPS: 2nd Refashion: 

  • Cut hem-line cut straigt across. 
  • Gathered eyelet @ 1 1/2 times the hem length.
  • Stitched eyelet and narrow trim stitched in place.
  • Stitched narrow trim over the collar trim and over pocket trim.

Materials:

  • Linen Shirt from the closet. 
  • Lace from the stash. 
  • Much of my sewing stash is from a Dallas fabric/trim/lace/button outlet that was closing. 
After: Shirt Jacket
Shirt-tail hem evened.
Lace trim added.
2nd Refashion for this shirt.

After: Shirt Jacket
Lace trim added.
"More lace is More" is popular
at my new school. 

After: End of day.
Wrinkled linen.
Pink Buttons added in 1st Refashion. 

After:
Lace added to collar.

Flat eyelet gathered 1 1/2 times.
Stitched, turned, topstitched.
Lace trim added.




  

2 comments:

Chickie Walsh said...

Very pretty, and the lace is gorgeous!
Chickie

jennifer elliott said...

I find myself adding or taking stuff away from a refashion item too. Just when I think I love it, I find something else wrong or not quite perfect. Lovely job.

Jennifer, EOD