Saturday, September 24, 2016

#12 Neckline Raised

Back to School. 


*I am a "retire / rehire". Retired from University and Rehired into an Elementary School
*I pledge not to buy any new RTW or thrifted for my new "Back to School" wardrobe.  
*I pledge to shop from my closet.

BEFORE: 
  • A thin t-shirt that was too low in the neck-line for school days
  • Too long for the over-shirt
  • A shirt that was too small to button up
STEPS: 
  • Lace was already in the neckline.
  • Snip out the sleeves to make more cami style for layers  
  • Take up the shoulder seams and the back yoke seam.
  • Trim and top stitch the now sleeveless arm seams.
AFTER:
  • An easy Refashion that put this t-shirt and open shirt into the school days rotation.
  • Sleeveless t-shirt / Cami to wear under open shirts. 
  • After:
    Raised neckline, Sleevelesss,
    Shortened Cami Style t-shirt

    After: Raised neckline 
    Sleeveless to wear
    under Over-Shirts
    Before: Neck line too low

    After: Same length 
    as over-shirt
    After: Neckline Raised 
    for School Days


    Before:
    Too thin to wear alone.

    Before:
    Longer than the overshirt
    Before:
    Too low for school days

2 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

That was a pretty shirt and it looks great as a combo with the button down.
Great color too. Nice job!
Chickie EOD

RanchHouse said...

Hi Chickie. I looked at the before again. The t was pretty but too much was showing in the yolk on its own for my classroom. I needed something with color under the open shirt so it was picked.