REFLECTIONS: This is #2 Spring Break. My Spring Break goal is to complete one item per day for 10 days.
BEFORE: Anne Klein Blazer
- From the Re-fashion Stash
- Probably thrifted for the Anne Klein tag and the 100% linen.
- Size 4 makes this a challenge to enlarge.
- Sleeves had already been removed and prepped
- Open side and sleeve seams.
- Cut and insert side panel cut from the sleeves. I did not taper the panel much because this was so small.
- Cut the shoulder seams back ½” for narrow shoulder. Dropped arm seam 1” to make room for layering.
AFTER: Linen Vest for Transition during Spring Weather.
- Versatile to wear over both long and short sleeves.
- Dropped arm openings makes this appear more vest-like. And less like a jacket with no sleeves.
Enlarged /dropped arm opening
looks more vest like.
|AFTER: Plaids matched |
on side inset
|AFTER: Black used |
to enlarge original lining.
|AFTER: Fine knit used to make facing|
|DURING: Too snug|
Before dropping sleeve opening.
|DURING: Too snug.|
Before dropping sleeve opening
|Probably thrifted for the tag and 100% Linen|
|BEFORE: Thrifted Blazer from the Re-fashion stash|