Monday, March 13, 2017

#50 Back to School Wardrobe: Coldwater Creek Jacket to Spring Transition Cotton Vest

REFLECTIONS: This is #3 of 10 for my Spring Break goal.
  • Spring Break Re-fashions are from my “Someday Stash”. 
  • These are thrifted garments that I plan to Re-fashion “Someday”. 
  • For one year, starting last August, my goal is to sew only from the stash and my closet.

BEFORE: Coldwater Creek Jacket
  • In the Re-fashion "Someday Stash"
  • Thrifted for the Coldwater Creek tag and blue fabric.
  • Very small and a challenge to enlarge.

STEPS:
  • Open side and sleeve seams. Remove sleeves.
  • Cut /insert side panel cut from sleeves. This was so small, I did not taper the panel much.
  • Shoulders were narrow, so I did not trim them. Dropped arm seam 1” to make room for layering.
  • Changed to over-sized fun buttons.

AFTER: Cotton Vest for Spring Transition.
  • Versatile to wear over long or short sleeves.
  • Dropped arm openings make this more vest-like. And less like a jacket with no sleeves.        
TIP: Books on tape add to sewing entertainment. And help me stay on task.
AFTER: Spring Transition Vest

AFTER


AFTER

Fun buttons from the stash

Lightweight denim bias from the stash

Dinim bias for inside arm facing

A Favorite Brand





Books on tape add to sewing entertainment
BEFORE: Much too small

4 comments:

Heidi said...

That looks almost like printed denim. This one is definitely one of my faves of your jacket to vest refashions. I love it!

I Can Work With That said...

Very cute material and a genius way to make something larger.
Chickie

Mel-Bee said...

I love that you're listening to recorded books! Sometimes I listen to podcasts or the radio.

cfort82 said...

I really like how this one turned out. Nice job

Cindy - EOD
Upcycle Design Lab