REFLECTIONS: This is #3 of 10 for my Spring Break goal.
- Spring Break Re-fashions are from my “Someday Stash”.
- These are thrifted garments that I plan to Re-fashion “Someday”.
- For one year, starting last August, my goal is to sew only from the stash and my closet.
BEFORE: Coldwater Creek Jacket
- In the Re-fashion "Someday Stash"
- Thrifted for the Coldwater Creek tag and blue fabric.
- Very small and a challenge to enlarge.
- Open side and sleeve seams. Remove sleeves.
- Cut /insert side panel cut from sleeves. This was so small, I did not taper the panel much.
- Shoulders were narrow, so I did not trim them. Dropped arm seam 1” to make room for layering.
- Changed to over-sized fun buttons.
AFTER: Cotton Vest for Spring Transition.
- Versatile to wear over long or short sleeves.
- Dropped arm openings make this more vest-like. And less like a jacket with no sleeves.
|AFTER: Spring Transition Vest|
|Fun buttons from the stash|
|Lightweight denim bias from the stash|
|Dinim bias for inside arm facing|
|A Favorite Brand|