REFLECTIONS: This is #4 of 10 for my Spring Break goal.
- Fabric in thrifted jackets / blazers is often in good shape.
- This makes them a great source for vests which don't restrict movement and are so easy to wear.
BEFORE: Thrifted Orange Denim Jacket
- In the Re-fashion Stash
- There was too much of the print as a jacket.
- Remove sleeves.
- Trim wide shoulder seams.
- Drop arm seam 1” to make room for layering. And to make it less like a jacket with no sleeve, but more vest-like.
- Cut facing from t-shirt scraps.
AFTER: Cotton Vest for Transition during Spring Weather.
- Versatile to wear with denims, khakis, and other spring fabrics.
- Easy to layer with heavier weight now and lighter weight as the weather warms up.
TIP: Rotary cutting tools are helpful in trimming and shaping.
|AFTER: Spring Vest|
|After: Button or not|
|AFTER: Dropped arm. |
|Curve Ruler to recut |
the Armsyce or Armhole
|BEFORE: Too much organge|