Sunday, October 14, 2018

Simple T-Shirt Update

Hi readers! Sorry it's been a few weeks since I've posted. I have several fun things to share with you in the weeks to come. Remember, Halloween is coming up! :)

Today I have a quick and simple t-shirt refash to share, that I am SUPER happy with!

DSCN1684.JPG
I found this nice t-shirt with a fit that was just blah.

DSCN1682
I have a Little Mermaid nightgown that I just LOVE! I also love the small keyhole in the front of my nightgown. I figure if my night clothes have such a cute detail, why not add it to some daytime wear?

With my nightgown as a template I traced the outline of the key hole onto some paper to make a pattern.

DSCN1685
I then used my paper pattern to cut out the key hole in my t-shirt. Then I stitched up the sides of the key hole. There you have it! Simple t-shirt refash! But it's Oh-So-Cute!

After I stitched the key hole, I put my shirt back on my dress form and pinned the sides in a bit to make the fit a little more feminine. Then I stitched that up!

IMG_1585[1508]

IMG_1587[1509]

2018-23-09-16-07-06.jpeg
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

3 comments:

whatthesew said...

The new neckline detail makes a big difference. I've seen people wearing some with 3 holes and thought they looked nice too.

I Can Work With That said...

Great updates to that shirt, they turned out so well. Love it.
Chickie

artemisa said...

Very simple however it is a big change.