Friday, January 31, 2020

Polka Dots & Button Downs

Hello Refashion Co-op. I read on the internet somewhere that polka dots and button down shirts will be in style for spring. I don't know if that's true but I love both of them so I got to work.

I made this blue button down shirt more narrow in the sleeves and the body. I tried to make the waist taper in a little. The pink marks are just to show you my plan. This shirt had no stretch so I didn't want it too tight.

I found these jeans at a recent clothes swap and was excited to see them. I had outgrown the polka dot jeans I had. (Christmas cookies got me in a bad way this year.) I made these my size.

The back pockets of my new jeans were off center after my alterations. I could move them or...
I could cut the pockets off my old, too tight polka dot jeans and put them on my new, stretchy polka dot jeans.

I placed them closer to the center to make the back of the jeans more balanced. 

Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Wow, so amazing you found an almost identical replacement for your old polka dot jeans! Cool idea with the pockets.

nanasknoll said...

Those polka dot jeans are so cool. I was really interested in how you took too big jeans and made to fit. Will save this post and try getting some at a thrift store and doing the same. Love the pocket idea.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comments. Happy sewing and thrifting to you.
Chickie