Thursday, February 18, 2021

 Hello: I have been off from posting for some time.

Our family is grateful for being together and able to support me during my 2020 double mastectomy.      I chose to remain flat with no reconstruction. I now have good health.

I am grateful for the skill of sewing and re-fashioning. I need to re-fashion for my new body shape.

It is time for a new self-challenge. My 2021 Goal: re-fashion 100 items by end of this school year. 

  •         4 months should do it.
  •         shop only from my closet and fabric and re-fashion stash.
  •          Includes minor re-fashions.
  •         Re-fashioning for my new body shape.

Items #1-3  These 3 thermals are from my closet.  I lounge and sleep in these.

Work done:

  •       altered sizes
  •        removed buttons for sleep comfort
  •        removed worn interfacings, trimmed and re-stitched
  •       trimmed thick rough areas that poked my tender sternum

 Adjust Size 

Trim rough edges


Three thermals


   Snow in south Texas

2 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Congrats for dealing well with your health ordeal; I wish you the very very very best of luck (and strengths) for further on!
Imho sewing can indeed 'detour' a tortured mind from troublesome thoughts and bring even some soothing into 'mental soreness'. This together with some financial gains due to this (in my opinion!) general 'survival-skill' called sewing.

Chin up and please make sure, stupid COVID isn't getting you down either!!!

LG, G.

RanchHouse said...

Thank you for your kind words. I have been so glad that sewing has helped others pass this year. It is especially my passion and my blessing this year.