Saturday, June 18, 2011

A dress from old tanks and linens.



I'll get better at posting more than a photo of the finished product. Promise. For now, however, I'll describe this dress made from an old tank and an old tablecloth.

I cut the lower half from a tight, knit tank top and turned it inside out to add half an old linen tablecloth as a skirt. The picot trim on the tablecloth made a fun detail for the skirt. I was surprised to find that linen bunched under cotton knit works fairly well. Then I cut a little linen square and a gray polyester circle and appliqued them to the front (as the Dude would say, it is "the rug that brings the room together").

Fun to make, but I don't wear long dresses very often so on the etsy page it went. Today, I'll be working on circle skirts from old tablecloths. In the meantime, I'll be here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Refashion said...

It sounds very pretty. Maybe you can post a picture soon?

debbie
EOD