Sunday, July 24, 2011

Glastonbury Chic

This week's make is a red and white flannel men's shirt....
...with added ruffles to introduce some Glastonbury Chic!




The collar and sleeves were removed, leaving the original collar stand as the new collar. I made bias binding for the armholes and created flat felled seams down the side. There's a much more detailed explanation over at my blog. I love this shirt as it fits like a dream and the flannel is really comfy. I can see this one getting a lot of wear this summer....

4 comments:

horuko12 said...

cute i would so wear that

Refashion said...

The refashioned top looks really great on you. Loving the ruffles.

Debbie
EOD
Mondays

usualbeing said...

gosh I never get ruffles right, you NAILED them! It's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet comments! The ruffles are not gathered, they are kind of pleated. There are more pics on my blog if you want to have a closer look.