Monday, July 09, 2012

Thrifted Vintage Dress Refashion


Chop chop, here I come running with scissors towards this little number:

It's my thrifted vintage Carol Anderson dress! The hem line is all screwed up though! It was pinned and even taped! At least I got some safety pins out of this project :)


I also wasn't extremely happy with the sleeves - too boxy for my taste:

So I made these little rectangle straps from the chopped piece:

Then sewed them onto the dress:

Here is a close up too:

Then I simply re-hemmed the dress. Easy Peasy and a perfect bright outfit for a hot summer day like this!

Thumbs up for the iron in the back ground, right?

For more refashions/hauls/and other BeingZhenya fun please go to http://beingzhenya.wordpress.com/

Z

4 comments:

Refashion said...

The refashioned dress looks so pretty and just perfect for summer,
Thanks for sharing

Debbie
EOD

Sandy said...

That fabric is gorgeous! good find. and I am glad you kept some of the original look.
yikes about the dodgy hem on the before!
Sandy in the UK

Zhenya H said...

Debbie, thanks :)
Sandy - I know, but that hem got me $3 off the dress :)

Dominique said...

Very cute. LOVE the fabric !