Monday, July 09, 2012

Going Green

     Originally I was planning on refashioning this dress top into a more wearable top, as I wasn't able to fit into it even before the holidays happened, :( . Alas however, not only was that holding me off of other projects, because I didn't want to start a new one until I'd finished doing that one, but also it wasn't really working out, and my original idea I realized I wouldn't wear now any way.

     I had started thinking about making one of these purses I had been making back in my high school and decided that this may be a good place to start. It recycles oatmeal containers to retain it's cylindrical shape. I do so like recycling so taking, this top, an old scrub top of mine, the alleged oat meal container, and a few other tools .... I got this cute little summer purse.




      I love recycling :) -QueenOfNothing


4 comments:

Sandy said...

how cute! I wish we had oats in those kind of containers!
Sandy in the UK

Dominique said...

This is so cute ! I love using "garbage" to create beauty and usefulness !

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Brilliant. It looks fantastic. The inside lining is gorgeous.

La La Lauren!!! said...

Wow I would have never known what it started out as! Nice job!

LaLaLauren
EOD