Friday, July 13, 2012

Thrifted 60's Coat Refashion

I found a fantastic coat at the thrift store, but alas it was too big. I love the 60's a-line style, the color, and the big texture of the weave. I checked the construction and saw that it would be easy to alter. I ended up taking in 4" on each side, but I kept the a-line style because that's one of the things I fell in love with.
I love the 3/4 length sleeves. I can wear bright long sleeves for a fun accessory.
It's thick and warm, easily dressed up and easily dressed down. I'm pretty sure it's my new favorite coat.
 
I hope you stop by my blog to see other sewing DIY projects or read more about this coat refashion.
 

3 comments:

jessica said...

This turned out really nicely! I'd totally covet a coat like this.

Mandy said...

Looks great :)

Huli said...

what a great find! it looks fab now that you've tailored it to fit :)