Friday, July 13, 2012

Cute Shorts from Unwearable Men's Shorts

Oh no, I've gotten that sinking feeling where I've spent so much time enjoying everyone's posts here that I haven't actually posted my own projects lately!

I am thrilled over my latest. I don't have a 'before,' but imagine something like this: men's athletic shorts. They were baggy, they had a thick elastic waistband, and they were OLD.

So I cut off the waist, took in the sides a smidge, and used a tutorial I found for making scalloped hems. It didn't work as great on the knit, but the fabric was a great way to try out the technique before I tackle a more serious project. Also, instead of measuring a curve, I just traced around a soup can: the lazy woman's scallops.

The result?

These shorts have all the comfort of sweatpants but all the style of the scalloped pair that showed up on Modcloth the day I finished! I will try to post more of what I'm up to...waiting for a pair of shoes to be completed for those to be shared!

Julia

1 comment:

Stacey said...

These turned out way cute! Kudos to you for making something so horrible into something so adorable!