Friday, September 28, 2012

Turning a Bra into a Bikini Top

After finding a sensational sewing tutorial on pinterest by Tasha Delrae; how to turn a old bra into a bathing top, my excitement and curiosity got the better of me.

Following Tasha's picture tutorial, here is my version:



I had the perfect bra to choose for this project; an unworn bra that's been sitting in my drawer for about three years, in the hope that one day I'd find its missing strap.

In action

 

Complete

 

As with Tasha's bikini top, I also chose to go with a halter strap around my neck too.  It is not absolutely necessary, but I do find suits me better than strapless.

Also featured on my blog.

3 comments:

The Renegade Seamstress said...

What a great idea! This turned out so cute!
Beth

concretenprimroses said...

Very nice. I love the fabric you chose.
The only bad thing is I kept thinking of this when I was going through my bathing suits and sports bra's yesterday. Instead of getting rid of a suit that I hate how the top fits, Its not on my refashion with a bra list! (and I had to keep other rejects for the fabric.)
I can't get rid of anything.
Kathy

Unknown said...

@concretenprimroses, I'm much the same, can't get rid of anything!