Saturday, September 29, 2012

House Dress to Maxi Skirt

I picked up this house dress for 3USD at the thrift store last weekend to complete my Hawaiian vacation wardrobe. I just love the little fishies and the teal color too, but not the fact that half its buttons were missing.

Fishy Dress-to-Skirt Refashion - Before

I chopped off the top just below the armholes/neckline and reused the straps as belt loops. Then I supplemented the original five buttons with four more from my own collection. Paired with a wide white belt, and I'm ready for the beach!

Fishy Dress-to-Skirt Refashion - After

More details and progress pics on my blog - CarissaKnits

2 comments:

The Renegade Seamstress said...

Really nice Carissa! Love the skirt!
Beth

concretenprimroses said...

Good save! Looks very nice on you.
Kathy