Sunday, January 13, 2013

Plaid Pencil Skirt

I picked this lovely Liz Claiborne number for $3 at the thrift shop, despite a complete lack of plan for its future. It sat in my refashion pile for months before the light bulb finally came on - a sexy-librarian pencil skirt!

Plaid Pencil Skirt - Before

I chopped off the top, spun it around a bit so the side buttons were on the front, took in the sides, added two back darts, and used remnants from the top to form the waistband. I love how the buttons give it a slightly kilt-ish look.

Plaid Pencil Skirt - After

Now I just need to find the perfect cardigan to match and get a chain to hang my glasses around my neck.

Hop on over to CarissaKnits for more details and lots more pics!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Love it, such a total transformation!

Refashion said...

Great pencil skirt - so cute!

Debbie EOD