Monday, January 14, 2013

From Boring and Unloved to Wearable Top

I have a pile of turtleneck tops in different colours that I haven't worn for a few years now. As I started to clean out my closet I thought perhaps I could do a simple refashion to make them wearable again.

So here is the before:

Using some remnant yellow cotton ribbed knit in my fabric stash, I made a folded narrow band and stitched down a new neckline (I stretched the yellow ribbed knit while sewing). I think the yellow trim provided an interesting contrast. Now I can't wait to wear this over and over again this winter!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Inspiring. Thank you lovenicky-froufrou Will tackle my pile of turtlenecks soonest!

Refashion said...

I love that bright pop of yellow.

Debbie EOD

Adele said...

Very cute!

- Adele