Thursday, January 03, 2013

jeans + red wine


i decided to start off the new year sharing one of my favorite recente projects. on a transatlantic flight last summer, my little guy sent my dinner tray, complete with red wine, flying in the air (and all over me and our seats) not once, but twice, thereby leaving my jeans horribly stained.


after a few months of mourning, i brought my favorite jeans back to life by sewing strips of jeans scraps left over from other projects into swirly vines and leaves.


i just love how the frayed edges make the design stand out even more! (um, but don't pay attention to the pink hue, which went away after a couple more washings. as careful as i am about separating laundry, something i accidentally let something red in with non-darks...) many stains are completely covered and you can't even notice those that aren't if you're not actively looking for them. i'm thrilled with them and they're now even more favorite than before! for more details, check out my blog!

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Very cool!

Unknown said...

Oh, no. I suddenly have the urge to dig through my jeans scraps! Awesome refashion.

Ernie's Mum said...

Love them!

Cucicucicoo said...

thank you all! :)

La La Lauren!!! said...

OMG these pants are fabulous! I wuold have never known that you spilled wine on them! Wow!!! Fabulous!

Lauren
EOD

Cucicucicoo said...

thanks, lauren! if you look closely, you can still see the mega stain under the vines and leaves, but it's hard to find and doesn't stick out like it did before!

Adele said...

Oh wow. Definitely trying that!

Cucicucicoo said...

do let me know if you do, adele! i'd love to see how yours come out!