Saturday, March 30, 2013

My New Spring Coat

...is a great stash buster!  Maybe I can even wear it now that the weather promises to warm up a bit...
All made from my fabric stash!
- except for the base of camel-colored embossed velveteen which I got for 90% off at the fabric store down the block that was going out of business.
it even has self-made bias tape around the hem and collar!

Lest you think I'm a genuis, I did use this Koos pattern
now out of print

It took days to figure out what fabric scraps to use together.  And for some pieces, I used all I had left - like the sleeves, the off-white collar/ yoke/ stripe, or the big floral patch.  The rest just made it with a tad left over.  Now for some details:

psst...the collar does match up in real life
that's stitched-on variegated gold silk ribbon

To see me wearing it, visit Project Minima at Is It Almost Spring Yet?  And thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Lovenicky said...

Wow! What an amazing coat! And using your fabric scraps too! Excellent job. Bravo!

Jody Pearl said...

What a beautiful coat - you will have a lot of fun wearing it.....hope Spring comes soon!

LOSTRETROMELBOURNE said...

Wow....the amount of work in this. Absolutely glorious coat. It is a work of art.

Unknown said...

An amazing amount of work you've put into this, its gorgeous

Erica, Editor on Duty

concretenprimroses said...

Totally fabulous. I bet its a blast to wear.
Kathy

pao said...

It's finally gotten warm enough to wear it. And I do love wearing it out and about! Thanks for your feedback everyone.