Monday, April 08, 2013

boob tube to work top

I loved the paisley fabric and belt that I saw on this top at a thrift shop.  It had this shape, but I couldn't resist taking it home even though, unfortunately, I don't have her shape!
Here's the finished product. All I did was cut overlocked and top stitched the side seams to make new arm holes, and stitched the top shoulders by hand to make a neat join on the existing the neckline. Even though the original needed elastic at the neckline and this top doesn't, it has no effect on the look of the item. It was stretchy and long enough to still have the belt sit on the hips nicely.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great, I'd never imagine a boob tube could be anything other than - a boob tube! You've proved thats not the case, thank you for the idea!

Erica, Editor on Duty

Unknown said...

Lovely fabric, good refashion!