Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Lime Green

 Hello Refashion Co-op. Summer is here! It's time for fun summer clothes. I loved this lime green dress because the fabric was so pretty. The top of the dress did not cover enough of me so I had to do a refashion so I could wear that green fabric. 


I unzipped the side zipper all the way down and cut the top of the dress and the straps off the dress. 

I used a zigzag stitch on the raw cut edge and there was enough fabric to fold down once. I tucked the cut ends of the zipper in and under at the waistband. The zipper will still work as normal but it was a little rough looking. That's OK, I am not done yet.


I connected the straps together. It was going to make a very nice cover-up for the waistband. 



I used my sewing machine to stitch the waist tie on top of my not-so-nice looking waistband. 


 The tie ends are tied right over the zipper. This will reinforce the zipper and hide it from view.


 The waistband looks like a nicely sewn waistband. No one can tell how many short cuts I took while making this skirt. Shh, don't tell on me.

Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.


1 comment:

Valerie said...

Good use of straps as waistband! Ingenious!