Sunday, May 01, 2022

Kentucky Derby Hat

Next weekend in the Kentucky Derby! Which means it's time to make a new hat! In spirit of making yet another hat I wanted to share a hat I refashioned a few years ago from a girls $1 store sun hat!

DSCN1815

I started with this plain white little girls sun hat.

DSCN1817

Purple was the color I wanted to go with this year. I tried Tulip Color Shot fabric spray. Let me tell you, it worked like a charm!

Next I collected my supplies: 1 1/2inch ribbon, flowers, feathers and beads to make a hat pin!

img_2213

I love how this upturned side with the hat pin turned out!

img_2209

img_2210

 

Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

2 comments:

Anielskaaniela said...

lovely ! You're ready to go 😉

I Can Work With That said...

I love seeing you r hat every year. The purple is gorgeous.
Chickie