Wednesday, June 15, 2022

A Giraffe & Biker Shorts

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I have been wanting a pair of biker shorts all spring. They seemed like leggings but for summer. I love to be comfortable so I was all for that. I didn't want to "buy" a pair. I just waited. 

Before and after. 

Imagine my joy when I tried on this skirt and found it was not a skirt. It was a skort. The shorts underneath were a perfect pair of biker shorts. 

I cut the skirt off. I just cut close to the waistband seam without cutting the seam itself.

The waist was a little loose so I took the waist in by sewing new side seams with a zigzag stitch. It just needed a little tweak to be perfect.

This giraffe button-up shirt was great for this month's animal print theme. I liked it because it was lightweight. I decided to make it into a sleeveless little top layer. I cut the collar, sleeves and buttons off. The pattern is still the star of the show.

The giraffe shirt is long enough to cover my bum but not heavy because it's hot out there! The shorts are so soft and comfortable. I could lay down and watch TV or I could take of and go for a jog. Or anything in between. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.




2 comments:

Anielskaaniela said...

I love this pattern , you look fabolous !🥰

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks you! It is a fun pattern.
Chickie