Friday, July 08, 2022

Linen Luna Tank

 Hello Refashion Co-op. It is so hot where I live. I have been loving linen lately. I wanted to turn some of the fabric in my stash into clothes so here is my first linen garment from the decorator fabric scraps my mother-in-law gave me.

 
Before and after.

I didn't have much linen so I had to make a small project. A tank top seemed great for summer. I decided to use the Luna Tank from Helen's Closet Patterns. (Not an ad.) It doesn't require a lot of fabric and it's free online. 

I serged all my edges because linen frays so much. I liked how the top looked so I didn't make the neck and arm holes as the pattern directed.

Close-up!

I was really happy with this pattern and how it turned out with linen. It's loose and flowy and that works well with this fabric.Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to my blog, I Can Work With That.




3 comments:

Sew Sherry said...

Very cute! I downloaded this pattern but thought it was meant for knits. Now my brain is spinning with ideas!Thanks for the inspiration!

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Sherry
I think it might be intended for knits and they would work well. As long as the fabric has some drape to it, I think the shirt will look great. Report back and let us know how it turns out.
Chickie

Vermaakster said...

I really love the beautiful fabric, the top looks great!