Sunday, May 14, 2023

Remove a Tier From a Skirt Fast & Easy

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I loved the color of this dress but it reminds me of "Little House on the Prairie". I did watch the show but this dress was not great on me. It was just too long. 

Before and after.

I decided to remove the entire bottom tier. I did like the little ruffle in the middle of the skirt though. It gave me an idea.

I could cut the bottom tier of the dress off under that little ruffle. I could leave about 1/4 inch fabric and sew that to the seam in the skirt. It would all be hidden under that little ruffle. And it would only take 20-30 minutes.

I used my serger to prevent fraying and stitched the cut edge to the seam under the ruffle.

I also top stitched it to make sure the ruffle didn't flip up when I was wearing it. And that's it. It was so fast and easy. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.





No comments: