Thursday, September 17, 2026

Dress to Peplum Top

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I have had this dress for quite a while and did not wear it. It felt too light and too thin. I decided to cut it off and make a top. 

This was a quick and easy refashion. The dress already had an elastic waist. I just needed to cut and re-hem it at a shorter length.

I cut most of the skirt off. 
 
My new shirt was ready in no time. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That. 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

... and you could even make sort of a shrug going with it and to be made of the leftover shirt later ?
Looking at the "before" picture is even triggering my 'grey matter' into: open the side seams of the dress (till 'desired hight') and wear it as a tunic over all sort of other garments ?
Congrats to you for a fast and much more common sense re-use-rescue of a dress otherwise seemingly doomed to a 'wall-flower-life'.
LG, G.