Sunday, December 18, 2011

Shades of Gray

I got this sweater from a friend. Decided I didn't need a gray cardigan, but thought it would make a good skirt. I love sweater dressing for work -so comfortable, and the sweater is wool - I like quality fabrics in this age of synthetics. So the bottom band is now the waistband; it's been turned upside down. I used stretch lace on the hem, and liked the look so much that I want to find a way to add it to the outside of something.

This shirt also came from a friend, and had some yellowing that isn't apparent in the picture. So I knew I wanted to dye it, but wouldn't have thought of using gray until I saw LaLaLauren's post.


I think it turned out pretty well! I knew the thread wouldn't take the dye, but thought that would be okay.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the gray! It looks beautiful and should be a versatile addition to your wardrobe!

Refashion said...

Two fab refashions. Sweater knit skirt is ideal for winter weather, and the shirt looks great in grey.

Thanks for sharing,

Debbie
EOD

La La Lauren!!! said...

oh wow! glad I inspired you! Your shirt looks fabulous too! :)

LaLaLauren
laurenphd.blogspot.com