Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Friday, January 31, 2014

Knitted refashion #1 - my sister-in-laws gloves

Over New Years I had a great big think about how I could combine two of my favourite DIY crafts: knitting and refashioning. Mainly because during my virtual chat with Zoe where I was made to think a lot about my refashioning endeavours, and I must admit that I just don't get as much sewing done as I would have liked.
However, since our move to Munich in 2012 (we are back in Denmark again) I got much more into knitting again. Something I had given up a bit after my pregnancy (damn those swollen fingers). I also felt so inspired in Munich that I finally began designing my own knitting patterns (it's amazingly fun with, sometimes, mind-numbingly complex maths, phew!!). So I just didn't feel like spending time behind the sewing machine and that's usually where refashions take place. But, luckily not always!

So here I am bringing my first installment of a knitted refashion project, with absolutely no sewing involved. My sister-in-law had these nice gloves that could convert to mittens, but only for the 4 fingers. The thumb was left out in the cold. So I added a little cover for the thumbs for her. Now all 5 fingers can be warm and toasty. :-)

You will find the entire project with instructions and more photos on my blog. 



Andrea said...

I love that you did a knit refashion! Excited to see what else you've got coming in the series :)

Andrea EOD

Elizabeth Hill said...

This is a great idea Eddie! I may have to try this with my fingerless gloves.

- Elizabeth
aka The Hungry Octopus

Eddie Roued said...

Thank you so much Andrea and Elizabeth :-)