Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Wool Sweater Remake

I'm new here. My name is Patti. I live in upstate New York near Lake Ontario. I teach elementary math, grades 1-5. I bought a 100% wool sweater at my very (3 blocks from my house) thrift store. It had a JCrew label, but the quality of the wool is not so great. It was XXlarge. I put it through the hot water wash cycle and dried it on high heat with the hopes that it would shrink to fit with a boiled wool look. It didn't come out so well, I decided to cut it apart and remake it into a more feminine shape. There was another major issue, the elbows were shot, and some moth holes appeared. I patched the elbows and darned the moth holes. I used lace to finish the neck line. I seriously love this sweater!


Cathy said...

So cute!!!

jennifer elliott said...

I love the refashioned sweater too! Great job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Elizabeth Hill said...

Nicely done! Sweater refashions are some of my favorites!

- Elizabeth
aka The Hungry Octopus

jenny_o said...

Turned out well, and the lace on the neck is a nice finish. All your work paid off!

Brittney said...

The elbow patches are a great touch. It's a shame that drying it on high didn't shrink it---that's what I do with my large thrifted sweaters.

Another Beautiful Thing || $50 H&M giveaway!

Gina said...

I never thought of edging a sweater like that. I must try it. Thank. You for sharing.

Kelley said...

OH! MY! This is adorable. What a great save! You'll get a LOT of mileage out of this refashion!

Happy weekend,

Amy Jo said...

Welcome to Refashion Co-op! I love the project you shared. It turned out great! I live just south of you in Henrietta, with 5 thrift stores in a three mile radius of my home. Plenty of snow, plenty of thrifting. :)