NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Tickled Pink

Several months ago I found this fabulous kameez & dupatta at the Goodwill Clearance Center. I loved the colors and the funky pattern, but it was clearly made with a pre-teen girl in mind. I originally intended to use it as fabric for something for my daughter, since pink and purple are her favorite colors.


But earlier this week I wore a past refashion that inspired me.

I made a cut right below the arms on the kameez. I ripped out the stitching for the side slits, which gave me an additional 2 inches of width! New side seams, and a folded over hem on the top that I threaded elastic gave me a similar shape to my old refashioned blouse. Extra fabric got turned into straps, and I have a new, funky, fabulous blouse to wear under my collection of cardigans. 


2 comments:

Lovenicky said...

This is a great top refashion. Now you have a lovely top to wear on hot days.

Carissa said...

Love it! The tie-dye pattern is perfect for this little tank top. So summery!

-Carissa
EOD